NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SHOWCASE.
The Playbook Portfolio Showcase (the “Showcase”) is designed to provide talented individuals with an opportunity to share creative work and be rewarded. This Showcase is hosted by Playbook Digital Inc. (”Playbook,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). By submitting your portfolio (”submission,” “entry”) to this Showcase, any person or entity (”you”) that participates or attempts to participate in our Showcase must accept these terms and rules (”Participant Terms”)
To submit an entry, you must be 18 years of age or older; and is being creative in any field, from anywhere in the world (except for countries which are under US embargoes or sanctions; Playbook is a US-based company so it has to follow the rules around this)
Showcase winners will be required to prove their identity using a standard form of identification (e.g. passport, drivers license) to before rewards are distributed.
2. Important Dates
- Submissions open March 8, 2023
- Submissions close April 14, 2023
- Top Picks announced April 21, 2023
Date mentioned are 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time - EST)
3. How to Enter
To submit to the Showcase, simply head over to: https://www.playbook.com/p/march-portfolio-month/
- Create a new board in your playbook
- Upload your work (at least 5 assets) to that board
- Publish the board and copy the public link. Learn how
- Paste and submit the link in your Playbook Profile page
4. Submission Requirements
4.1 Ownership and content 🗝️
- Submission must contain high resolution images or videos of your work.
- You retain ownership of all images/videos/contents uploaded to Playbook.
- Visuals that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud.
- Your work must not obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content; which violates our Community Guidelines.
4.2 Deadline and rights 📌
- Submissions that do not meet the requirements will be removed by Playbook. Playbook reserves the right to remove any entry from the Showcase for any reason and without notice. You must adhere to these rules and individual competition requirements.
5. Judging and Selection Process
The judging will be comprised of two components: (i) public voting via #PlaybookCommunity site; and (ii) Playbook Licensed Artists.
- First, the public will vote on their favorites across all portfolio submissions (email verification required).
- At the completion of the public voting period, a panel of Playbook Licensed Artists will carefully evaluate all portfolio submissions to select their “Top Picks”
The decisions of the judges are final and binding.
6. Notification of “Top Picks”
All Top Picks will be notified by April 21, 2023 (or as soon as practical thereafter).
Top Picks will have three weeks in which to claim their prizes. If a potential top pick is disqualified or unable to accept their prizes for any reason, then Playbook reserves the right to award the prizes to another entrant. You are responsible for entering your correct email address at the time of submission or prizes may be forfeited if you cannot be contacted or your identity cannot be verified.
7. The Prizes
Our Top Picks will earn prizes and exclusive perks, including:
- An official Playbook “Best of Playbook” title and badge
- Unique Playbook swag designed with your in mind**
- One (1) free Pro playbook for one year
- Invitation to Licensed Artist Program and start earning money!
- Priority product support and closer engagement with Playbook team
**Local gifts of equal value will be rewarded to non-US based winners
Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions may be made. The Top Picks are fully responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a Top Pick fails to comply with such laws, the prizes may be forfeited and Playbook may, in our sole discretion, select an alternate winner.
8. License and Ownership
YOU OWN ALL OF YOUR USER CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY ASSETS THAT YOU UPLOAD OR ADD TO PLAYBOOK
At a high level, Playbook lets you upload, organize and collaborate on images, videos, audios, design files and other content (”User Content”). As between you and Playbook, you retains all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to your work. We will not claim any ownership in your User Content - it is completely, 100%, yours.
Playbook grants you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable royalty-free license to use and display our name, logo, trademarks, and other brand identifiers for the sole purpose of promoting our Showcase and Playbook. We own and retain all intellectual property rights in our services. This will in no case serve to transfer any Playbook intellectual property rights to you.
As a condition of entering the Showcase, you agrees to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Showcase and grant us a limited irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and royalty-free license to copy, use, modify, publish, post, and display your name and portfolio submission through any medium or channel, including Playbook digital channels, social media, or websites, solely to promote the Showcase and Playbook’s products/services. You may revoke this grant at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
9. Right to Cancel, Modify and Disqualify
If for any reason the Showcase does not occur as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Showcase, Playbook reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Showcase.
You agrees not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Playbook services or content, or any individual element within its services, Playbook’s name, any Playbook trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Playbook’s express written consent;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Playbook reserves the right, but is not obligated to remove or disable access to any entries at any time and without notice. This includes, but is not limited to, Playbook’s determination, and at their sole discretion, any content considered to be objectionable, in violation of these terms, or in violation of the law. Playbook may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
11. Governing Law
These Participant Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.